Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Ready to Go Yet?

We are constantly looking for new places to hang out with Hunter. Especially now that the seasons have changed and we can be outside for longer periods of time, I feel so bad for the winters that he has to stay indoors (until we relocate to Florida!) that I usually comply and let the boy do what he wants.
Danny, Super and I were out driving one weekend and came across a great new park! It is a 5 minute drive from our home so we played for a while and left. A few days later I thought it would be fun to go again and get rid of some much needed stress after the challenging days following MIL Sue's heart surgery.
Little did I know it was going to be the longest park experience of my existence. We left as soon as I got home from work, so excited to get some sun shine and fresh air.......THREE AND A HALF HOURS LATER I was hot, sweaty and my feet hurt but the little ball of energy that is my son was still trucking along like we had just gotten there.
Finally I put my foot down and I dragged him to the car, kicking and screaming (really, how does he find the energy?) to the car so I could take him home and feed him.
Check this place out! It's called Taylor Brawner Park and it's on S. Atlanta Rd. It's on the same property as a behavioral center but they did a great job with this place. Kids can ride their bikes, there are bench swings and lots of slides.

1 comment:

simplyso said...

Wouldn't it be great if we could harness the energy these little fellows have??? There would be no enery crisis. I know Super had a wonderful time!