Wednesday, June 11, 2008

I'm Here!

I've been bad. I've been scolded by Big Sis to update my blog. We've just been so busy with everything going on, summing it up in a blog is difficult. However, Super is now 19 months old and is as crazy and energetic as ever. After our lovely vacation incident at the dinner table, Grout Daddy and I have severely reigned in our potty mouths. There is much stuttering and slurring but we're starting to use new words and retrain ourselves to be articulate. Thank goodness it's working and we haven't heard a bad word out of his mouth in over a week.



We have heard some new words though (probably my imagination but it sounds like words) and he's starting to use the ones he already knows in context. Really, it's just the word "no".... "Super, it's bed time"... "NO".... "Baby, let's brush our teeth"... "NO" and I now know that I need to try to say yes more. When he sees something that is interesting to him he says "Oh Wow!" or when he spills water or food it's "Oh no". We're still working on our ABC's but he'll come and sit in our laps and ask for "Aaaa's". He only knows his numbers up to three (I count before he gets into trouble) but just watching him be the person that he is is the sweetest thing to witness. He still loves his movie and after we lost the first copy we replaced it two weeks later and now get "zombie toddler". You can not tear him away from that movie but the dance he does at the end is enough to sit through it again and again.



I'm loving the fact that he will do what we ask and a few things that we don't. Now that he is tall enough, when he's finished with a meal, he carries his plate to the kitchen and puts it on the counter. He also makes sure to put his bottle/cup/sippy on a flat surface so it doesn't spill over. He is the official TV turner offer when we leave to go somewhere. Grout Guy got mad at him the other day when Super and I were going off to meet with a potential babysitter and he turned off the TV while G-Daddy was playing his video game. Super heard the words Bye Byes and assumed it was his duty. When he runs away and we call him back, he'll actually follow us! He will climb in the car and get into his car seat (only after sufficiently pretending that he's driving the car) and likes to sit in the stroller for long walks (I haven't made it to the park yet but our walks to Publix wear us out!) or he'll relax there if we leave it set up in the living room. He still doesn't want to swim but he loves the pool and climbs in and out of the kiddie section like a pro. Grandma Sue came over for a visit last night and commented on how big he's gotten. Apparently, I am dwarfed by our son now. He comes up to my hip and is well over 30lbs so we look mismatched when I hold him and he tries so hard to curl up enough that he can rest on my shoulder so I get a big butt blocking my view. When I went to the Rite Aid Expo (so fun, by the way, and we got lots of cool little things) with my friend Lyrinda, someone assumed that he was 3 and was shocked to hear that he wasn't even close to 2 yet. That's my big boy! He is as pretty as ever and I'll be posting pictures soon but this is the first full day off I've had in a while so I need to bust out the camera.

Grout Daddy and I are working opposite schedules so Super only gets to see one of us at a time now but I love it when it's my turn. He holds onto a hug like he'll never let go. I love watching him run to me when he hears my voice when I get home. It stinks being away from him but my hard work is paying off! I'm holding my first Open House on Saturday and I couldn't be more excited! Or more nervous. My brokers are trying to prepare me as much as possible but I know a lot of this rests on my shoulders. Keep your fingers crossed that I can pick up a new buyer or two and not completely blunder this opportunity. My hardest choice now is to pick out something to wear. Professional clothes are layered and HOT. It's June and while I don't want to look unprofessional, I don't want anyone to see me sweat profusely with no way to stop it or hide the evidence. It's gross but I can obtain perma-pit stains in under 5 minutes. G-Daddy used to make fun of me when we met and I was working in market research and had to run around constantly. Thank goodness I'm able to fit into some of my pre-pregnancy clothes again and have more options. Big Sis is going to help me pick something out today. Thank goodness for webcams. She's in VA and I'm in GA but she can still tell me if I look appropriate or not. Ms WobblyBits doesn't know it yet but I might be going out to raid her closet if I can't find anything good.

That's enough babbling for me, I'm going to get Super and take a long walk, get some sun, maybe go swimming and take a nap. We're having a friend over for dinner tonight while his wife is out of town and I'm going to make my Cajun Chicken, yum yum.

No comments: