Wednesday, June 11, 2008

So Close

I have been battling the bulge since I had Super. Birth control made it very difficult to lose weight in the beginning but now that I've been off of it since New Years I've lost 35lbs (45 if you count post baby weight gain)! I'm 15lbs away from the weight I was at when I met Grout Daddy and I couldn't be happier. Being 5ft tall, if I gain any weight, it SHOWS. I know I won't be able to get rid of the extra skin that Super stretched out and made his home for 9 months but I'm finally getting back to the old me and it is so nice. Now I even have professional clothing to wear to work and church and not feel frumpy. I can't wait until I can go shopping and spoil myself with some new outfits to celebrate.

Summer always makes me want to go outside and play. We have had such a good time swimming, walking, playing at the park. I've been able to get together with some friends and just lay by the pool, soaking up sun. I don't like how red I get when I'm hot or how much I perspire but I usually forget that with a quick dip in the pool. I don't mind the heat and humidity (especially since I'm not preggo yet) and I commend all of those women that have to carry a heavy load during these awful, sweat-filled days. MassageMama is a trouper like that. She had 2 children in late June (while living in Tucson and Orlando), how did you do it Mom? You are one tough lady. Even with me and Lil Sis it was still HOT outside. Ms WobblyBits, I'm so proud of you and I know it's hot so come over so we can go swimming. I'll even watch both of the kids so you can float around with all of the weight off your feet. I spent countless hours floating around 7 months along with Super and getting out was like being punished.

However, I wouldn't wish it to be 20 degrees again. I do not like the cold and have tried to convince Grout Daddy to move to Florida several times but he doesn't like the amount of old people and bad drivers. Georgia isn't so bad, just no breezes and that is really rough on me. Dank heat is rough and I don't live in the worst of it. For some reason, DC gets even hotter than Atlanta. When visiting Big Sis a few years ago, I thought I'd go crazy and pass out every time I stepped into the heat. What I need is a virgin Pina Colada, a cheesy romance novel and an hour in the shade. I'm going to keep dreaming.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Carrying a baby in the summer is hard but that's what air conditioning is for! Besides, all my babies were worth it!!!

Sheri and her Men said...

I hear you, Sista! I felt like an oven in the winter, You're a warrior for hanging in there during the long summer months! Go kiss those babies and be glad we don't live in Indonesia! Cool days there are 105!

Anonymous said...

Gees, can you imagine!? And people actually LIVE there! I guess we have it pretty good here in the United States, ya know!?