Thursday, October 9, 2008

The Smell of Distraction

I was making hamburgers tonight and since I put the buns in the freezer for longer keeping, I needed to thaw out a few for me and Super Destroyer. I fed him and put one for me in the microwave... then I got a phone call. I picked up the phone because it was my lovely husband and totally forgot about the bread. Then I got a call 30 seconds later from Sue, my mother in law, and since we had been playing phone tag, I really wanted to make sure we got a hold of each other. A minute later (while the bun was cooking on HIGH) I turned around to see yellow smoke billowing out of my microwave!

I thought the smell of puke, runny baby diapers and rotten eggs was the worst thing I could ever smell.... boy was I wrong. I don't think I'll be able to have anyone over for a week due to the nasty smell that is nuked bread burned beyond recognition.

No comments: