Friday, September 25, 2009

My Mom Visits!

It was so wonderful having my mom come to town. For one, I love having someone there to take care of me and no one pampers you like the woman that gave you life. For two, she pampers my kid (even as resentful as he was to give up his room so she had a bed to sleep in) and no one spoils a child like a grandparent.
I greatly appreciate that even though she was coming to "vacation" with us she worked her butt off to help me out. Bragging about my mommy time! I know she loves it but in the 4 days she came to visit she painted my living room and Hunters bedroom all by herself. They look gorgeous and I love that I come home to a place where I actually got to pick the colors I'm looking at. She cooked or provided every meal we ate while she was here (I guess I don't keep enough food in the house to her liking, hehehe, I actually am just awful about grocery shopping). Together we cleared some major bushes and ugly over grown areas of my new yard. And I won't forget to mention the hours and hours of shopping. She is a powerhouse in the grocery and Ikea departments and I debated over throw pillows for an hour.
Just having her company in the evening hours was a blessing. I get very lonely since Danny works nights and the companionship of a little boy is only so fulfilling. I love that we can chat for hours about the upgrades she wants to make in her home and how we could reorganize everything.
The never ending rain actually stopped briefly while she was here but she experienced the days of rain with us, shocked at how different it is in FL where it rains every day but it's barely noticed.
Now that she's gone, Hunter keeps asking where his Grandma Lisa is even though he gave her the cold shoulder because of the bedroom wars. She doesn't take any of his crap and doesn't get offended that he was being a little stinker towards her at times. She even laughed when he climbed into his bed one night as he was attempting to bully his way back in and promptly threw up in the middle of the bed and floor. My poor baby. We took him to finally get his MMR and we discovered that he had an ear infection.
I'm so glad she came to visit us and I can't wait until she comes back again (we're going to paint the dining room next!) which will probably be around the time I have my baby shower. I can't wait to go back down to Orlando. I know Hunter will look forward to seeing her again and playing in her garden and with her chickens and bunnies.

I heart you Mom!

No comments: