Friday, September 4, 2009

What's Yo Name?

At 2 years old my little man is already practicing his pick up lines. He finally grasped the concept of learning peoples names and is constantly making a game of it. Everyday he asks me over and over again "what's yo name?" to which I reply "Mommy, What's your name?" He returns with "Hunter...what's yo name?" and the cycle continues. Just for fun I'll switch up the names and call myself by my first name or I'll refer to myself as Daddy or Hunter, just to see if he's paying attention.
I do think it's sweet when we go out in public and he has to ask everyone he sees and when they walk away from us he says goodbye and calls them by name! I'm impressed since I usually forget their answer in 3 seconds and he'll engage them for several minutes.
The hardest part for me is watching him approach the little girls on the playground. On good days they want to play but they don't realize he's too young to continue the conversation (he loves the 5 yr old ladies) and on the bad days they run off and I can see the confusion on his face. I do love his confidence though and I hope it stays with him into adulthood. Then again, I'm terrified because he is going to be a major heartbreaker.

No comments: