Monday, November 24, 2008

Life Changes

We moved. We left our apartment in Atlanta and moved to a townhouse in Smyrna (less than 10 minutes away). I will miss our neighbors and location but I'm more than happy to be away from the conversation ruining train and having no yard. Super loves playing on the new stairs and there is a park and a corner store within walking distance. It was a big adjustment but we're all settling in just fine.

I will say that it's an adventure moving with a 2 year old. The last time we packed up was right after my first trimester while carrying him and I got out of a lot of work because of my pregnancy and the horrible all day sickness. It was really difficult taking Super away from the only home he's ever known. After the first day of taking out the big stuff, he started acting out and making it obvious that he knew what was up. He wasn't being really horrible but there was this one incident that left me frustrated but smiling. After all of the big items were moved, we had little things here and there in the house. One of those things was a 10lb container of rice. Super loves rice and loves containers. After doing.... something... I came back into my living room to find everything dumped out and Super pouting because I made him clean it up.

I sat down with him and we cleaned up all the rice and found the diaper he stripped off and discarded. I can't say that we didn't play in the spilled rice just a little bit since it had to go in the trash. I love seeing the world through the eyes of my son and it is pretty fun to play in a big tub/pile of rice.

Farewell our first home as a married couple. We will miss you and reminisce every time we drive by but we are moving on to bigger and better things.

No comments: