Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Road Trip!

We recently went to visit my parents and siblings down in Orlando for a week. We had a blast and got to do a lot of fun things. Super may not realize it but I had a great time on the drive down there. No, sitting in a car for 8+ hrs isn't the most entertaining thing a 2 year old can do but we got to sing, talk to each other and enjoy exploring the stops along the way. Lately I've been giving Super my change from any cash transaction and I tell him to put it in his pocket (thus the reason for my blog post Sweet Confusion). However, we made a few pit stops at various places that had a soda machines....these are Hunters favorites. I don't think he likes soda so much as he enjoys putting the money in the machine, pressing the buttons and watching it fall out of the machine. In fact, I'm sure that if we had enough change on us, we'd walk away with a dozen sodas before he even got tired of the game. We have this issue everywhere we go but it's especially hard to say no when I tell him on this trip because when I would say no, my words were more specifically "We don't have any change, baby" to which he automatically dives into his pockets in search of coins. After watching that, I had to dig change out of my car and let him get a soda or two.
My sweet boy being a doll was short lived though. We got to my parents home very late so we basically pulled up and went to bed. Since he got to sleep in the car, he wasn't as tired as I was at 7am the next morning....I didn't wake up until 8am. Needless to say, he took that hour to survey this new place he was in and found the most destructive item he possibly could...a sharpie marker. He didn't do TOO much damage to the room but he managed to completely black out both sides of my glasses so they were worthless afterwards. Thank goodness me and my mother have almost identical prescriptions and I was able to take all of her disposable contacts she won't use!
We also discovered that the green thumb has been passed along. We spent hours a day in the back yard playing in the garden. He loves fresh picked sweet peas, watering lettuce and carrots and all of the other yummy veggies that my mom grows. He helped with the chickens and made the cats uncomfortable enough to hide the entire time. Overall we had a great trip and I'm so glad everyone had a good time with my son. It was so much fun watching Hunter and his Uncle Mike playing at the park together and I'm thankful that I got to reconnect with my Bro after a few years of us having busy lives and no time to hang. He didn't get a lot of time with Hunter as an infant but I think the kid is more fun as he gets older anyways.
The trip home wasn't as eventful. Super slept pretty much the whole way home due to complete exhaustion from a week spent never sitting down and exploring new horizons. I can't wait for our next trip to FL!

No comments: