Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mothers Day!

I know I should write something loving and inspirational (because I'm sappy like that). However, I'm not feeling that today but still want to give love to the mothers out there that work hard. We are shaping the future of the world. We carry our little bundles under our hearts for nine months and give them a piece to carry around with them for the rest of our lives. It's the hardest job in the universe but I wouldn't trade it for anything.



I want to send out a special thank you to my own mother. Thank you MassageMama for carrying us, giving birth to us, keeping us alive when you didn't think you could sustain yourself, keeping us all organized and educated, handling our squabbles, dealing with our (my) attitudes through the teen years and all the drama and frustration that comes with having children. Thank you for teaching me how to be an adult and thank you for backing off and letting me fall on my face even though I know you wanted to pick me up and brush me off. Thank you for every hug, every kiss, every book you read 8,000 times, every spit up you cleaned, every diaper you changed, every song you sang (that I'm now lucky enough to get to sing to my baby) and every boo boo kissed. Thank you for being my mother. It was quite the challenge but you dug in and raised 4 adults that are healthy, happy, loving, weird, funny and never give up. P.S. Thanks for the great legs too, I hope mine look half as awesome as yours do in my future.



I also want to thank a special little man that makes me a mother. Baby Boy, you make me want to get up everyday just so I can see you smile. There is no better feeling than picking you up and your little arms slipping around my neck and giving me a good squeeze. You inspire me everyday to be the kind of mother that you deserve and while I'm not perfect, I'll always do my best to show you that you are loved and cherished. I'll always be there to hold your hand, give you kisses, play silly games and sing songs. It won't always be easy but you, my son, will always be worth it.



No comments: