Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Growing Up FAST

Today was a long and arduous day. First thing in the morning we had to go to the doctors office so we could get the paperwork for Super starting daycare. After over an hour of waiting in the front, waiting 20 minutes in a room, 10 with the doctors, waiting another 15 for the nurses to prep the shots, dealing with the screams of my baby getting punctured and calming him down, we walked out of there frustrated and unhappy but with 8 or 9 lollipops. I did get his updated stats though, my Super baby is 34 inches tall and 39lbs! Actually, we couldn't get him on the scale so we tried a few different things and came to the conclusion that he is somewhere between 38-41lbs. I can not believe how skilled I've gotten at carrying such a heavy person all the time, especially since he's never given me help from the day he was born.

I had to feel bad for him with all of the different people poking and prodding at him. I discovered today that my child has a very strong sense of modesty for which I'm very thankful but it was so hard watching him struggle when someone just needed to listen to his heart or lungs. Someone else's hands on him did not make him happy and he kept covering up any exposed skin. I'm thankful we don't have to go to a physician often.

My doctor also reminded me that the boy will be having another growth spurt soon. I'm not looking forward to it. The last time he had one of those I could hardly keep up and his pants became so short on him. With fall and winter coming, I hope I can keep him out of high-water pants but at this rate, I'll be buying 4T's next summer. I had to laugh at the look on the Doc's face when he stated his concern that Hunter was "overweight" (the nurse measured him wrong the first time) and how big he was compared to me... that is, until I reminded him that Super's dad is very blessed in the height department. The look was especially funny because after a few years, I'm used to Danny and his height is average to me. Anyone under 6'2" is "short" and I come almost face to face with the Doc when we both stand. Needless to say, Super is healthy and intelligent, passing all of his development tests with flying colors.

2 comments:

E said...

Wow you are supermom! Eliza weighs 37 lbs and I can't ever carry her around! Thank goodness Snow genes produce wussy babies;)

simplyso said...

Super is definitely a strong willed child. Wonder where he got that from????