Friday, September 5, 2008

Why Mothers Should Not Nap

There are several reasons but I had a wake up call very recently... I closed my eyes because I was exhausted (keeping my ears open for a distress call, just in case) and woke up 45 minutes later to this....





Just to let you know, flour doesn't make a sound but it can get on EVERYTHING in an apartment if you give a toddler enough time. When I laid down, I made sure to hide anything dangerous (I JUST noticed there was Raid on the counter, thank goodness he doesn't care about it) and to put away the basket our son climbs on top of... but he can get things off the washing machine now. It took two days to clean up because if you look hard, you'll see a large cup of water that he used to make the most disgusting paste in the world. When I saw what he had done, I almost lost it. I was very thankful that a good friend came over and rescued him. I was not capable of handling everything at once. See that green thing in the last picture? That's our salt and pepper shaker. Pour salt out of the top, grind out of the bottom, it's one of my favorite kitchen tools. He completely submerged it and it had to get tossed. Actually, I almost salvaged it but the next night when we were making dinner, Super was playing with the lid to the salt part and innocently put it down. I didn't realize until it was too late that he put it on the stove top and it melted. Grrrr! What do you do? Cover him with kisses and finish as quickly as you can. I also now know to keep the flour in a very high place that requires me to get a step stool or to call for Danny. Ahhh kids, they keep it interesting.

3 comments:

pennylutz said...

That's great, poor Hunter :) Maybe you have a chef in the making.

simplyso said...

LOL....this one would keep any mother on her toes! Look at that face though....he's such an innocent....LOLOLOL

Serene is my name, not my life! said...

Oh wow! Not even I have had to deal with that! Thank goodness I had a girl first who loves to tattle on her brothers!