Monday, September 22, 2008

My Free Day

With working as much as I have been, I've been neglecting myself, my family and my home... but today I got to spend time just being me (minus a few client calls and some Internet searching, those don't count) and being with my family. My day started off great! I got some much needed cleaning done and even Hunter helped me wash the kitchen floor again. He loves to play with water so when I filled up the bucket, he knew we were in for some fun. I didn't think he'd climb in but it was funny enough to take pictures. Unfortunately, I did it with Danny's phone so I don't have them to show yet.

Next, Danny and I are going to a wedding in a few weeks and I've been trying to skim off some pounds to fit into this one dress. Well, that dress isn't made for a person with my body shape and it looks horrible! So I tried on my "little black dress" that I haven't worn since well before I had Super and it fit! For one, I'm happy I don't have to go shopping for something new and two... it's my little black dress! And it's gorgeous! I've stared longingly at it in the closet for the past 3 years and in two weeks I get to rock it out.

Then we babysat a little boy for a few hours and the two kids had a blast. With both me and Danny home, there was enough attention to go around. After his parents picked him up, Danny asked if we could take Super to KangaZoom. It was so sweet to see him look hopefully at me until I said yes. Ever since he took Hunter a few weeks ago, I can tell he's been dying to go back.

We got there and instantly Danny and I are like teenagers, wrestling, throwing things and playing. Everything became a race or competition. We are so unevenly matched and thank goodness I'm not a delicate lady. We were racing to go up the big slide first. I had the head start but Danny has some long legs on him. As I reached the first steps, my darling husband took a flying leap.... STRAIGHT AT ME. I managed to squeeze my way in first but he landed practically on my shoulders and took me down. It didn't do more than faze me a bit and I was on my way up the ladder! Whoo hoo! I won! (As I've said in previous posts, Danny NEVER lets me win so when I do, I know I deserve it) A few rides down the slides later with the boy and we started racing again. Me, being so trusting after my first near broken neck experience, thought he wouldn't do something like that again. NOPE, I was wrong and all I saw where legs and socks flying my way. Again, I managed to get up first and was so proud of myself. After being bombarded by my 80" tall man again, I gave up, I don't need to break a bone, especially after I tripped getting out of the slide and twisted my ankle oh so gracefully (SO glad Danny didn't see that). I did tempt him with the chase once more but as I was trying to be cute and climb the little steps to get up, I tripped again and fell. Not allowing me to keep some dignity, Danny starts cracking up at me and continues to poke fun at my mishap until we left. After much screaming and crying from Super, we finally got out of there, stopped at the Starbucks across the street for chocolate milk and coffee and got home. Cranky time quickly turned to nap time and I had a few precious hours to myself after Danny went to work.

I've gotten to the 4th book in the Clan of the Cave Bear series. It's been a bit slow going because of my schedule (and because it's not as awesome as the first 3) but I've really gotten into the last half and I'll probably finish it tonight.

After Hunter woke up, we played and had dinner and then went to the mall. With that wedding fast approaching, it was time to get gifts. I will never take an almost 2 year old to do anything like that again. Like many adults that are getting married these days, they have everything that they need so they registered for china. Toddler boy + glass plates + no stroller = frustrated mom that can't control the child. Totally my fault but we still go to do some fun mall cruising after making our purchases. Now my child is tucked into bed, I have 100 pages left in my book, I'm going to make the most of it. :-)

No comments: