Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Not Selling Anything

Be prepared, this is long...

I'm such a cheerleader when it comes to things I love. I've really gotten into health and fitness lately and I'm having a ball. I feel better, I look better, I have more energy for my family, I have more of a desire to do things that I'd let go because getting off the couch was too much hassle. Let me tell ya, being able to zip up the jeans I wore in high school made me feel so good today.

I joined a program online that will help me keep myself on track. DailyPlate.com I realized that I spend way too much time thinking about food and "diets" and what I "should" do vs. making it a part of my daily life. It doesn't help that I'm an extreme Starbucks fanatic and I have a lovely son that likes to put food in my mouth for me (on a side note, I had to stop allowing it on a regular basis because we were at a large gathering around the holidays and someone there had a 3 year old. He was eating off his plate and doing a great job until Hunter started picking up the pieces that dropped on the ground and proceeded to shove these food bits into this other kids mouth and then trying to get it off his plate to do the same thing). It also doesn't help that my Grout Guy can eat anything under the sun and not having anything to show for it. Luckily, I've began forcing (yeah, I hate it but if there is one person I'm going to shove this on, it's going to be him) Grout Daddy to go to the gym with me and mostly buying the foods that are good for us and he's feeling the same effects I am (and even finding some of the weight I'm losing). We recently took a trip to the park and I promise I used my turn signals the whole way there...



I really like this park. It's got a dinky playground but it's got two softball fields that are fenced in. They never bother to lock the gates so we take Hunter in there and let him run around at will. It gives him a chance to run like crazy in any direction he wants to go, with the added bonus that me and Grout Daddy get a chance to play ourselves knowing our child can't escape.

We played soccer and tossed around the football. We take both because Super Destroyer must be playing with what you have and it's really sad to see him pout. So we alternate depending on his moods and it works out great. It is adorable to see him kicking around (or in most cases, carrying/throwing around) this ball. I mention that it's cute because most of his time practicing at home is with a baseball that he always manages to find. A soccer ball in a field is cute, a baseball in my kitchen while I make dinner barefoot is excruciating.

I can't wait for the weather to be like that on a more consistent basis. I've decided that since the weather has gotten better, I'm going to start walking to the park once a week. There's a park 2 miles from our house and while I think the park sucks, a long walk will be great for me and Hunter. I'm also really anxious to try out the Silver Comet Trail. I've heard great things but I've still not been on it. I do like working out at the gym but it gets boring and I want to keep this interesting instead of the same ole machines every day. My awesome workout buddy (we'll call her Miss Amandy) gave me a swimsuit and goggles and got me back into a pool. I'm so ready to incorporate this into my workout. It would be wonderful to get up in the morning, hit the gym and go swimming, shower there and head off to work. I'll even be able to take a shower in peace with little man in the Kids Klub. Showering by myself is almost a forgotten luxury. It doesn't matter what Grout Daddy does, if Super hears the shower and he's not in the water, it's hysterics. The world has ended!

I'm also using this great product that my lovely friend MsWobblybits sent me a link of months ago. Let me take a moment to give a quick shout out. If it wasn't for her, there would be no pictures in my blog, no slide show that I'll be adding soon and no inspiration to start writing this. Thanks Karen, I really appreciate you for being the awesome person that you are!

So this product is called Colonix (Warning: the pictures are harsh). I'm sure with a name like that you can guess what it's for because I'm not going to go into details. After a few weeks on this I feel great. I never had a problem that needed fixing but there are lots of benefits and I'm quite content reaping them. My heartburn is gone, I don't have to eat as much and stay satisfied longer, I'm jazzed all day and my stomach is flatter. It's not safe for pregnant or nursing moms because of a certain herbal supplement you take but I'm glad I'm doing this before getting knocked up again. For anyone that wants to give this stuff a try, I highly recommend it. It's really gentle. It takes 3 months to complete but it's really effective. After buying just one months worth and using it for a week, I bought 3 more months worth.

I want to thank everyone that's been encouraging and supportive while I've been making this lifestyle change. I wouldn't be able to do it without you. I hope I am there for you like you are for me. I'm down half the weight I wanted to lose and I haven't felt this great since before having Hunter. I'm really happy that I'll be in decent shape when it's time for Noah or Lydia to join our family. This is going to be a crazy year and I'm so ready for it!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ah thanks for the mention. You are very welcome. I want to buy that colonix for Joe now. Love the before and after pic on the blog!!!! Keep up the great work!!!