Friday, March 28, 2008

Yummy! Yummy!

I found this recipe and wanted to share with everyone. Yeah, my health kick might make for a lot of blogs like this but try it and you'll love it too.

Oatmeal Pancakes/Waffles

One Serving

INGREDIENTS
1/2 cup old-fashioned oatmeal
1/4 cup low-fat cottage cheese (or tofu)
4 egg whites
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg


DIRECTIONS
Process the oatmeal, cottage cheese, egg whites, vanilla extract, cinnamon, and nutmeg in a blender until smooth.

Spray a nonstick skillet with cooking spray. Add the batter and cook over medium heat until both sides are lightly browned.

I added some protein powder to kick it up a bit and to give it a chocolaty taste. This is a really basic recipe that you can add anything to. I can only imagine how good some blueberries would be in this. It seems a bit bland at first but give it a few seconds to let the flavors kick in and then enjoy every bite. It was super quick and easy to make AND my family likes it. I can't believe Grout Daddy and SuperDestroyer both dug in. They are going to be great for breakfast in the morning.

Anyone else have any great recipes they want to share with everyone? Send them my way and I'll post them!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

ok you lost me with the cottage cheese or tofu thing. lol Im sure its good though. BTW you have reakly inspired me to get off my fat preggo ass and work out. While Izzy watches her morning cartoons I work on my arms, the carmen electra move you showed me and use my big yoga ball. My arms feel better already!

Sheri and her Men said...

Go Karen! I'm so proud of you! I know when you're pregnant it's hard but you're going to feel so good. Especially after you have Bumblebee and you're in decent shape instead of blahing around the house. I know that's what I'm gearing up for. I don't want to sit on the couch and be lazy for 6 months after I have a kid.

I know the cottage cheese is a little strange but I promise, yummy yummy delicious. Plus, cottage cheese is one of the most perfect foods for a body. Throw some bananas and peanut butter on it and you have a protein sandwich. Getting hungry again...

Sheri and her Men said...

P.S. You don't even look pregnant yet and you aren't fat at all. Heck, I'd trade bodies in a second, you know that!