Saturday, August 16, 2008

The Artist Inside

I have always wanted to be an artistic person. I wasn't blessed with music or drawing ability (thank goodness Danny does so our kids have some hope) but that doesn't keep me from trying. Last Christmas, Suburban Earth Mama gave me a paint by numbers kit that includes everything one would need to make a nice picture of some cats and a house, well, we didn't do that.




We made these together and, no, they aren't professional or that good (I think you can even see his hand prints in the paint) but I can't get the image of my sons face out of my head. Just look at those smiles...




Cleaning up wasn't too bad. Super doesn't understand the concept of keeping it all on the paper but I think I had more fun watching him paint the floor than the canvas. He loved the red and blues. Now I just have to find a way to get more... more paint, more canvas and probably more soap. It stinks that we don't have more room in our home to set up something more permanent because I thoroughly enjoyed our painting adventure.

2 comments:

simplyso said...

He is too cute for words!!! And the artwork is actually pretty good!

simplyso said...

He is too cute for words!!! And the artwork is actually pretty good!