Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Movie Magic

Yes, I let the TV babysit my kid but it's also a babysitter for me. Every time Meet the Robinson's, Teletubbies or Sesame Street comes on, I can't help but have to get up and find something else to do. I can't watch it anymore. Danny can hang out with Hunter everyday and watch that movie together but I'd rather be doing the dishes or vacuuming. So, I consider it to be a magical box now that motivates me to find something productive to do. Unfortunately, when the boy knows I'm on the computer or phone and doing something for work, he must get my attention back but while I'm wiping down cabinets and scrubbing foot prints off the wall, he doesn't care. It's been a big help in getting me off my butt and working more which in turn makes me more motivated to do other things.

No comments: