Thursday, August 28, 2008

Tooting My Own Horn

I don't get to see my niece and nephew often enough but I feel like I still know them. I'm constantly on the phone with Penny and listening to their life, reading a blog about them or getting a random phone call from one of them that my sis doesn't know about. I'm a pretty good aunt and here is why...I called my big sis the other day to see what was up. We've both been really busy so I haven't gotten to talk to her as often as I want to. Little Annie was having herself a big tantrum and it was clearly audible in the back ground of the conversation. I could hear Penny practically rolling her eyes in exasperation over this little girl that would not give up the screaming. So I dug down in my brain and remembered a fact about my niece, she loves shoes, and I told my sis that she should try putting some on her. A minute later, there was blessed silence and I got a big thank you from a very happy mother. That girl and her love of shoes is after my own heart. I don't personally have an extensive collection... yet, but as she gets older and we all become more financially stable, we're going to have a great time shopping together.

No comments: