Saturday, August 9, 2008

Why Plan Anything?

We haven't had family pictures done since Super was probably 6 weeks old. I had it all planned out that we could do it this Sunday but plans can never be made when you have a lively toddler. Uncle Brian was watching him and while on a walk, Super tripped and fell. Not any ones fault but his own (poor Uncle thought I was going to be mad) but now I have to put off our family portraits for another week. When he fell, Super got some serious road rash in the middle of his forehead. It's not as easy to see now (4 days later) but you get the idea.



I thought about covering it up with make up but I doubt he would have let me. Grandma Sue likes to tell the story about her boys going in to get their pictures done and in the parking lot on the way in, Brian slipped and fell scraping his face. What do you do? You get the pictures taken and always incorporate the cute story.

It's doesn't help that Grout Daddy grumbles when the words "taking pictures" are mentioned. This is only the second time in 21 months that I'm making him actually put forth effort for a photograph and even then he just has to be clean, wear what I pick out and smile. Although he told me he'll cooperate better this time, that has yet to be seen. But I'm tired of being the only one that takes the pictures. Looking back through all of them, I'm in a handful and yeah, I didn't want to get in during my post-baby weight loss but I wish Grout Daddy would pick up the camera occasionally.
I will say, Super has gotten much better about the camera. He actually didn't run away and was curious about what I was doing. Here is his "cool guy" look. Yes, we did give him a crew cut but it was his fault. I actually like it though. He looks exactly like my little brother did when he was really young. I'll have to post some pictures when I can get them scanned, the resemblance is uncanny.

Good Morning! I haven't brushed my hair nor am I wearing any make up but I got to be in a picture! Super wouldn't cooperate to be in it with me.

2 comments:

simplyso said...

Poor little man looks like he's got a strawberry smeared on his forehead! But at least he has good hair!!!

Serene is my name, not my life! said...

I know what you mean about pictures. I finally just started setting the timer whenever I take pictures at home so I can be in them with my kids! I also have gotten to the point where I just hand Luke the camera and order him to take pictures when we are out somewhere. I'm in more pictures now then I ever was before!
LOL, and I love your self-picture!