Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Love of Lingo

Sad but true, TV is a part of our lives (I'm not innocent, I have become addicted to Big Love). Especially during the winter when we can't go outside and play because of the rain or cold. I can tolerate kids shows for a good while but eventually SuperWhy, Curious George and The Backyardigans get old. They show the same ones over and over and by the end of the week, there is nothing on I haven't seen before. So I've looked all over the cable stations for something appropriate for kids that I can enjoy too. And I found that in Lingo! Its on the Game Show Network and so much fun. All of the letters flashing and changing puts Super in a trance-like state while he shouts out what he can keep up with. He does love his letters and I do love Scrabble... Its a match made in heaven.

2 comments:

simplyso said...

I'll have to look for this. I love that you can both enjoy the show. I remember watching Mr Rogers Neighborhood until I could recite it! Sounds like a good way to reinforce letters!

Will and Natalie Giddens said...

Hey Sheri!
I'm so glad I found your blog. Definitely check out mine:giddensfamily.blogspot.com.

It was so great seeing you on Friday and chatting. Who knew we shared so much in common? :-)