Friday, February 20, 2009

Tuckered Out

Something I hate about winter, as I've said before, is that we can't get Hunter out to release the energy. He'll nap for everyone but his parents and I've come to terms with that so I quit trying. All that results from the attempts is a destroyed bedroom and a bored child.

We were on our way to visit friends (my life revolves around evening play dates now that Danny works nights) and I was chatting on the phone with my mom. I told my gal-pal that I'd meet her at Publix so we could do a little shopping before going back to her house for dinner. I was so prepared, found a good parking spot, got off the phone with my mom, turned off the car, got out and found my little man passed out.

I thought it was so sweet and completely necessary so I resigned myself to sitting in the parking lot, waiting for the word to head over to our destination. Thank goodness for Blackberrys! Or Crackberrys as a friends husband puts them. Yes, I'm addicted but in times like these, I'm glad I have the Internet, messaging and Tetris all in one handheld device. Not to mention the camera. It's also times like these that I wish we could hire a sitter to come over every day and put the little man down for a nap so we don't have to sit in an idling vehicle while he catches his ZZZZ's.

1 comment:

simplyso said...

The little man knows his body though...I love it when babies fall asleep...they look so innocent, even if they'be been terrors all day long!