Monday, July 7, 2008

Burgers and Hot Dogs and Heartburn... Oh My!

Don't take my title to mean that bad cooking caused the pain, actually, everything we ate was delicious but I really over did it. I'm not really a holiday girl. Christmas and Thanksgiving and Easter, they are all the same to me besides the acknowledgement of some very special deity offspring and the over commercialized lust for presents. Birthdays are my hot spots and I love to celebrate the lives of people I know or even those I don't (Hello! Cake anyone?).

However, I can accept a day of gluttony just as well as anyone else and we had 3 of those recently. After my swimming fun earlier that day, we went to Karen's house! Joe cooked us some mighty fine hot dogs and chicken that disappeared as it came off the grill. I didn't eat the burgers (because I really don't like burgers in general) but there was some controversy behind them so I'll leave that alone until another day. Super hates going over there now and I think it's because Karen watches him often on those days that I have to work and now he thinks we are going to leave him when we go there. It took about 30 minutes until he was able to get settled and eat a little something. I will say, that family is on there stuff. We weren't there 15 minutes when Joe told us it was time to eat. Heck yeah!




Super snuggled with his Daddy until I was able to get his food together and then I couldn't keep him off my plate. Or out of the soda. We don't really give him liquid sugar often so allowing him to wander off with my cup was a big accomplishment for him. He only returned to pick up half of my Popsicle and wander off with that too. He and Izzy were covered after their sweet, melting treat.






Doesn't she look so patriotic? I loved that little flag we were carrying around. After a few hours of eating to our hearts content, laying around and enjoying each others company, it was time to put the kiddo's down to sleep. We gave the kids a bath (which I have a hilarious picture of but won't post) and Super cried the whole time and then we put them to bed. Then it was time to be adults! After my 1 1/2 beers, sitting back and girl talking with Karen while the boys played video games, I was drunk and giggly and too impaired to drive home. Thank goodness video games keep you sober and Grout Daddy was able to collect his family and drive us all home. It was a Happy 4th.


The next day was happy too! Izzy was baptized and while I was not there, I heard the event was quite unforgettable. So we were back at Karen and Joe's, enjoying another cookout with even more awesome food to chow down on. I got to meet a friend of theirs that is just delightful. April is energetic, bouncy and a lot of fun to be around. Her boyfriend was a nice guy but we didn't get a chance to talk too much with everyone else talking at the same time. They are good people though and although they both live far away, I hope I'm invited the next time they come to visit.


I also hope we didn't scare those two away from marriage. We all let our claws show a bit but in a very funny way. However, everything I said was true but with a positive spin instead of a negative connotation like we portrayed. Anyone can tell that me and Grout Daddy are still crazy about each other. We left a bit early so they could all catch up since they don't see each other very often. The family all needed a chance to recover a bit and had a quiet evening together at home. Plus, I got to kick Grout Guy and Mistress Josh's butts at Scrabble. I love that G-Daddy calls me Kobe when we play. They'll get some pretty good words but I've been playing a long time and I know a lot of the little things that get you a ton of points for very few letters. The way I see it he NEVER lets me win at anything, heck, he never allows me the room to even let me think I'm winning so why should I do the same in return when we play this one game? I don't. Either get better or be prepared to be beaten by 100 points. What was it that I heard when I was learning how to play pool? Oh yeah, when you actually beat me for real, you'll feel a satisfaction that is 10x better than if I let you win. Eat your words, Danny!

No comments: