Thursday, July 3, 2008

Locking the Doors

Ever since we converted Supers crib into a toddler bed, we've had to make sure that all doors are locked (or as close as it can be to locked) or we are in for an exciting morning. Guess what! I have a prime example. A few days ago, I was sleeping and was jolted awake by being slapped in the face at 4am. How did Super get out of his room, you ask? I'm blaming it on Grout Daddy. But that is neither here nor there at this point.

So, it being 4am, I'm still half asleep but I let the boy climb into bed with us and we all fall back asleep... or so I thought. This child got back up and proceeded to destroy our home. Our smart little offspring managed to find several things around the house to act as a step stool to reach everything that he wasn't supposed to.... like my purse, which he quickly emptied and separated all of my cards from my wallet, my ear bud pieces from my head phones, all of the caps off my make up items (including eating ALL of my good lipstick and gloss). The house was actually clean when we went to bed (as seldom as that actually happens). I have some pictures of the aftermath.
This is what I was greeted with when I woke up. All of that stuff on the floor that looks like sand... it's oatmeal. A whole canister of it! It's his loss though, I use the oatmeal to make his favorite waffles. I think he tried to clean all of it up after he realized what he did because my flat mop is in the kitchen instead of the utility closet. Smart man.

The living room didn't get too much damage but everything you see was dragged out of our room or the laundry room or a cabinet of some kind.

Ok, I know G-Daddy isn't going to be happy with his sleeping picture being posted but I had to laugh because there is a maple syrup bottle in bed with him. I guess between the oatmeal and the syrup, someone was just really hungry and wanted his waffles!

To top it off, while I was taking pictures and getting the house back into order, he grabbed a pen from my purse contents that were strewn about and tried to color the TV. At that point, all one can do is laugh. Getting angry with a toddler that was up way too early and was bored is too much energy to waste when all of this needed to be cleaned, we had to get dressed and out the door so I could make it to Karen's and my CE (continuing education) class. Yeah, I missed my shower that morning.

5 comments:

simplyso said...

Sounds like you'll never be board as long as Super is around! These little fellows will certainly keep you hopping!!

pennylutz said...

I laughed out loud!!

Serene is my name, not my life! said...

Hahahahahahaha! I'm sorry but that is SO funny!

Anonymous said...

I would have had a heart attack then a panic attack. Thats the OCD talking.

Anonymous said...

So thats why he was so tired that day! hahaha