Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Monkey See, Monkey Do

Grout Daddy is a fantastic father. He loves me and our son with all of his being and I'm thankful for him. He makes me nuts like any man would but I wouldn't be married to (or procreate with) anyone else. Super loves his daddy just as much as his daddy loves him too. They light each other up, whether it's play time or when we have to discipline the boy, they are like two peas in a pod.

Super is getting at an age where we're starting to think about potty training. Mostly because he HATES a poopy diaper on him. He'll run around and climb up and down and destroy everything but when he unloads, he walks right over to me, says "Ewwww", lies down and waits for me to get a fresh diaper to change him. He won't move or squirm like he does when I just change wet pants. The "ewwww" is apparently from his father. I guess that when G-Daddy changes him he looks at what his son has created out of food, says "ewwww" and Super has picked it up. It's nice that I no longer have to rely on my nose to tell if there has been a bowel movement (and I'm really glad he isn't sitting in it) but I'm really tired of him tugging on my pants at all the wrong times and tell me "ewwww". I mostly get it at the pool while he's in his less-than-stellar water diapers that are a pain to tear off. Oh, and I always forget to bring wipes so I'm stuck trying to rinse him off in the sinks before trying to wrestle a wet toddler into a dry diaper.

I'm a little worried about the whole pooping shame. I've heard that if you make a kid feel bad about pooing, they'll hold it in and it can result in long term intestinal problems. It doesn't appear to have a negative effect on the boy though. He probably thinks that "ewww" means poopy. I'm much happier hearing "ewww" than, "Mommy! I poops a LOT!" like I did out of the mouth of a little girl in the grocery store a few weeks ago who had a rather embarrassed mother until I managed to stop laughing. After a brief sharing of information that I had a boy a year younger than her little girl, she told me a few more charming stories after using the book Everybody Poops. Big Sis told me about this book too and I'm curious enough to check it out of the library the next time we go. She also mentioned there was a book that could help you potty train your toddler in 4 hours with minimal accidents. I doubt Super is even interested but 4 hours is nothing in the grand scheme of things and if it doesn't work, I'm not in a position that is any better than where I began.

It stinks (ha ha pun) that this is what my blog is about but that is the adventure of raising children and I'm sick of even thinking about real estate. I am really excited about the business that me and Karen are going to start up. It's slow going now because both of us have full schedules with her starting school but in the long run, I'm really looking forward to sharing something like this with an amazing woman like her. I don't think I could find someone else so real, trustworthy and hardworking who has good ethics and doesn't put up with BS. Now I'm off to find a dress to wear to a bridal shower I'm attending in a few weeks at The Four Seasons. What does one wear to high tea?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Awww wyour going to make me cry! :(