Tuesday, July 1, 2008

20 Months

My big boy is getting so.... well .... big. When we were getting ready for church this last Sunday I couldn't get a single pair of his shoes on him. Luckily, I've got a full stock of shoes in every size until he's 3 or 4 years old (great sales on Ebay). So we tried on a few pairs and my little man walked out of the house in his size 6 1/2 shoes with his mother tearing up behind him. We only have 4 more months until he's 2 and I can't believe that time keeps speeding up. I try very hard to enjoy every single second I have with my man while he's still little because he won't stay that way for long. I was surprised that I could barely fit him into any of his good pants and was very thankful when one pair wasn't 2 inches too short.

My problem now is that I keep getting this feeling that my family is missing someone. I know so many other mothers in the world have felt this so I know I'm not going crazy. I was packing up Super to go out and kept looking around, like I was missing something, when I finally realized I was looking for a baby that wasn't here yet. I think our time is coming. I'm at a healthy weight and frame of mind, our careers are picking up, Super is getting at an age that he needs a sibling and I want another tiny bundle, even if it's just for a short while. I've loved watching our son grow up and as crazy as he makes me, I love every second of his existence.

I know it'll happen when the time is right. Super is a prime example that something doesn't always happen when it's "supposed" to but there are no mistakes in God's world and I hope to be blessed with more healthy children.

No comments: