Monday, July 28, 2008

Nothing In Particular

I have neglected my blog. Other than work and routine day to day life, there hasn't been much to talk about. So this is going to be a bunch of random stuff... enjoy! Super is a handful at all times but we're having fun learning new things. I'm always amazed to hear new words out of his mouth and I'm continually surprised that he is getting older and actually learns things. For the longest time it felt like anything we did went in one ear and out the other or he'd do something once and we'd never see it happen again.

Yesterday was a busy day for us. It started at the park with some friends, a refusal to take a nap, a long walk and a quick dip in the pool. On our walk (while he sported his awesome Superman PJ's), we stopped by the pool and he got in. Most of the time he'll stand there and then want me to hold him while soaking wet but this time he was surprisingly comfortable in the water. So I left him alone and gave him his space to explore. He did pretty well considering the last time we went to the pool he wouldn't get out of my arms. Today we went back and he was as happy as can be splashing around. There were some workers putting down straw and one found a tennis ball so they all played catch with him while they worked. It was so cute to watch Super in his little swimmer diaper run around and try to play catch with 5 different people.

Grout Daddy has been working like crazy and we miss him but we've been able to do a lot on our own. Especially now that Super is learning to follow directions and knows the dangers of running into the road. Blah, I'm not feeling inspired right now....I'll write more when I am.

No comments: