Friday, July 4, 2008

There is No Rest When you're a Mom

It's the 4th of July! Happy Independence Day everyone!

In observance of the holiday, I did what every other red-blooded American is doing today. Sitting by the pool, having a few drinks and eating hot dogs. Super loved the pool but lately he doesn't seem to be very interested in going swimming. He is more inclined to cling to me, cry and whine when water touches anything but his feet.


Anyway, I took him to the pool to hang out with my friends Abbie and Brian and a few other that I know and a few that I don't. It's sunny, warm and I thought I would be able to actually lay out for a little while. Super knows Abbie and Brian pretty well but he's back to his mama's boy phase. I laid down thinking I had a few minutes until I felt the pitter patter of little feet on me. No, these aren't the most flattering pictures and I'm laying next to a girl that is 100lbs soaking wet but I think it gets my point across. Even when you just want 5 minutes to yourself, it ain't going to happen if your kid is in the area.

No comments: