Thursday, April 17, 2008

The Sound Any Mother Loves...

I'm not the best cook in the world but I love creating meals that make my family happy. I love food. I love the smells, the textures, the flavors and I know I've passed on this love to my son. SuperDestroyer has taken to peanut butter lately (so much that we've started calling him SuperChunky). We feed him pretty good so I highly doubt that he's ever REALLY hungry. Several times a day, without fail, he brings me the jar(s) of PB out of the pantry and usually a spoon he has hidden in his toy box. I've tried to give him other foods but what he used to love isn't enough unless it's smothered in the stickiest, hardest to clean up food ever. Oh, and if it's not PB it must have cheese on it, period.

Grout Daddy and I made a new concoction that is SOOO YUMMY! Milk (soy works too), chocolate protein powder, a banana, peanut butter (smooth is the best), a splash of vanilla and a squeeze of chocolate sauce to your liking. It tastes like a Reece's Peanut Butter Cup milkshake. SuperChunky LOVES it. He is very camera shy so I didn't get the greatest example but anytime we feed him, this is what we hear...






It cracks me up! Something else that gets me is that he's very honest about it. I know when I make something that isn't up to par. For one, it doesn't get eaten and second, I don't get the lovely sound effects. How much would I love it if my son became a chef? It would be awesome! Watch out, Bobby Flay! (J/K, I'd be miserable without Boy Meets Grill)

No comments: