Monday, April 21, 2008

This Is Why We Don't Have Animals

Grout Daddy is a big fan of owning pets. Me... not so much. I'm sure when my babies are grown and I don't have a little person to cuddle anymore, I might be clingy enough to need a pet. In my opinion, Mitch Hedberg made a very valid point "If you're need for companionship outweighs your desire to not pick up [poop], that means you're an animal person" or something like that. I don't want anything around that will lick me without my permission or take MY spot on the couch/bed. I don't want something else following me around the house because it needs attention. I really don't want to deal with the messes that comes with house training. (I'm not knocking those who love their pets or the species themselves, it's just not for me)


Unfortunately, my son has crossed that human/stupid animal line and peed in my BED! We were running around and playing, being goofy and such. I sat down at the computer for a few moments and Super climbed up on my bed. What I didn't notice is that he took his diaper off in the living room. So I was turning to him to give him the tickle monster and to my dismay, he's standing on my bed, a big grin on his face and a puddle right between where G-Daddy and I put our heads down to sleep. I'm loving the start of the terrible twos...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ok you just convinced me not to get a pet. I already clean enough poop and pee in my life.

Sheri and her Men said...

I'm so cranky right now. Take everything I say with a grain of salt. I hate being stressed! And having to throw out a pillow top off the mattress doesn't make for a happy mommy either.