Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Stress Relief

I went to the gym this morning and I had a blast! I ran on the elliptical, used the rowing machine and played some racquetball. I was alone so I tried some of the drills that MassageMama showed me last week and I spent a good ten minutes in that room just whacking the crap out of that ball. I had to laugh at myself though. I was all proud and running around the room and hitting anything that came close to me. During one round of continuous whacking, I ran up the middle of the court and hit the ball as hard as I could. The sound it made was so satisfying and the hit looked great BUT then I watched it bounce off the wall and zoom right at my face. That thing hit me right in the mouth and sent my head flying back. I was maybe ten feet away from the wall I hit it against. I know someone must have seen it (oh the embarrassment) but it just made my urge to beat the ball stronger.

I'm really looking forward to when Grout Guys ankle heals (he was injured during a basketball game) and we can play together. After practicing by myself today, I noticed that I don't hit the ball very high off the wall and I didn't notice the height when it was me and my mom. However, with me being as petite as I am and G-Daddy being as tall as he is, we're going to have a very interesting game on our hands. If I have found a game that I actually have a chance of winning in, I'm going to be so happy! As of right now there is nothing I can do better. How do you play against a man 20" taller than you (and a wing span of almost 7ft) in anything? Basketball? Hahahaha, no. Football? Nope. Soccer? Baseball? Tennis? Running? No, no, no, no. I have a minuscule chance of beating him at swimming but that's because he doesn't care to swim and it's like pulling teeth to get him in the water. If he really applied himself, he'd whoop me. What else is there? Volleyball? Yeah, right.

No comments: